About Me

My photo
Give me music and give me noise....

Wednesday, 28 December 2016

The king stay the king, Dubpod #16 (Dec 2016)

Having just started reading a big Ian Penman Bowie appreciation in the London Review of Books, I'm doing the only thing a Bowie agnostic like me can sensibly do: taking a break and blasting out some reggae. 

Yeah, man. Because, regardless of what the Penmans, Morleys and Reynoldses of this world may say, the true geniuses of the 1970s were the dubmasters of Jamaica, not that pop star wannabe from Brixton. So forget Ziggy, Starman, the bloody Berlin recordings and the thin white whatsit. Instead, all bow down to reggae royalty. Because, as we know - and whatever other people may say - the king stay the king ...


1: Travellers/Prince Jammy's, Peace and rest version
2: Heptones & Joe Gibbs & New Generation, The road is rough
3: Horace Andy, Money dub
4: Big Youth, All nations bow
5: Winston Flames, In a armagideon
6: Peter Donaldson
7: Freddie McGregor, I'm a rasta man
8: Culture, Iron sharpening iron
9: Starkey Banton, I and I saw them coming (Radikal Guru remix)
10: General Levy/Wrongtom, Incredible
11: This is such nonsense
12: Ernest Wilson,I know myself (version)
13: The Pop Group, There are no spectators
14: Congos, Sodom and Gomorrah
15: Sena & Familyman, Children of the ghetto
16: Rumour and innuendo
17: Junior English, You are lying
18: Errol Alphanso, Chant Jah victory
19: Dennis Brown & The Crystalites, Concentration version two
20: Johnny Osbourne, Ready or not
21: The king stay the king
22: Yabby You, Undivided world (version)
23: King Tubby & The Aggrovators, African roots (dub)
24: Tenor Saw/Sugar Minott, Fever (version)
25: U Black, Jammy's a do it
26: 22 & Group, Early in the mornin'

No comments:

Post a Comment