About Me

My photo
Give me music and give me noise....

Sunday, 9 September 2012

King Lemon v The Soundman

Video clip of King Lemon & The Slim Customers at Paper Dress in east London on 6/9/12. One of the absorbing things about this gig was watching the low-level feuding between the singer-guitarist and the soundman. "We'll go on in five minutes, OK?" "No, you need to go on now". "Oh man, I need to have a cigarette. Just two minutes, yeah?" "No, it's got to be now." And then recurrent sound problems raised the temperature .... (An odd feature of my iPhone video is that the sound drops out on the recording at almost exactly the time the guitarist's amp goes down at the gig for the first - of several - times. Spooky).


Anyway, I'm not sure if it was generated by nicotine frustration and the bother of technical glitches, but the singer's stroppy intensity definitely gave the performance edge. Enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment